Definition of a Trading Partner
"An organisation or individual who work together with Merlin to achieve a pre-determined set of objectives; these objectives being defined by both parties as being one or all of the following:
- To improve the overall profitability of both Merlin and the Trading Partner, via the deployment of specialist goods / or services
- To enhance the quality of experience offered to every attraction visitor via the addition of Trading Partners' skills / specialist knowledge.
- To reinforce, via brand association, the overall operating philosophy of both Merlin and the Trading Partner.
- To ensure the 'joint ownership' of objectives generates both competitive advantage and long-term business opportunity for both Merlin and its Trading Partners.
Ways to measure Commercial Activities
- Track record and customer base
- Market share and brand presence
- Robust availability and quality of produce
- Customer Service
- Value for money
- Ability to align with our business
- Ethical and environmental considerations